2013 PALS Information
The 2013 PALS (PaLA Academy of Leadership Studies) will take place June 23 - 26.
This multi-day workshop is designed to energize librarians and help them develop personal and professional leadership potential.
Key Information About This Year’s Program
Target Audience: Librarians with 6 or less years years of experience
Dates: Sunday, June 23 to Wednesday, June 26, 2013
Place: The Best Western Premier, Harrisburg, PA
Do you know a librarian who fits into the criteria below and would benefit from this enriching experience? (It might even be you.)
- Degreed Librarian (must have the degree before attending program)
- 6 or less years experience
- Demonstrate leadership potential
- Has leadership "spark"
- Must be willing to remain at the hotel for the duration of the PALS workshop, including overnight
- Must be willing to provide service to PaLA and the profession after completing the program
- PaLA membership is not required to apply or attend, but will be required upon graduation from the program
Nominate a librarian by submitting the following to the PALS Co-Chairs, Sandy Longo (email@example.com) or Angela Buckley (firstname.lastname@example.org), no later than May 1, 2013:
- a letter of interest from the nominee indicating why they feel they would be a good candidate for PALS and how they would like to serve PaLA
- a current resume from the nominee
- a letter of support from the nominating party indicating why they feel their nominee has leadership potential and should attend PALS
Any questions can be directed to the Leadership Committee co-chairs, Angela Buckley (acbuckley AT gmail dot com) and Sandy Longo (slongo AT albright dot org).
Deadline: Wednesday, May 1, 2013
Although many PALS participants are sponsored by the PaLA chapters and divisions, open nominations are also accepted from organizations, libraries, library systems, as well as from individuals themselves. Those nominating librarians for the program are responsible for funding that individual to attend ($550 per person if sending only one librarian or $500 per person if sending more than one individual).
The open nominations will be reviewed by the Leadership Development Committee. Librarians that attend PALS through the open process are still required to provide service to PaLA following graduation.
Those accepted into the program will be notified no later than Monday, May 13, 2013. Full payment for the program is due by Wednesday June 5, 2013.