PaLA Board, Council & Staff
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors formulates policies subject to the approval of the membership and executes these policies acting always as representatives of the membership. The Board establishes immediate and long-range objectives, controls the funds of the organization, appoints the Executive Director, grants Chapter, Division and Roundtable recognition as well as the establishment of standing committees, and approves publications.
- For a one-year term: President, Immediate Past President, First Vice-President (President-Elect), Second Vice-President (Conference Chair)
- For a two-year term: Treasurer
- For a 3 year-term: Third Vice-President (Membership Chair), six At-Large Members of the Board
- ALA Councilor (term subject to the bylaws of ALA)
- PaLA Executive Director (Appointed Officer, non-voting member)
The board meets no less than four times annually. See a list of current Board Members with contact information.
The Council consists of the Board of Directors and the elected chairpersons of Chapters, Divisions, Roundtables and Committees. The major function of the Council is to identify issues of concern of the membership, which are presented to the board.
The council meets no less than one time annually. See a list of current Council Members (does not include board members) with contact information.
The Board of Directors is charged with appointing the Executive Director of the association and selecting the location of the association headquarters. Through the Board's confirmation of the budget, additional employees on regular payroll or by contract, are hired by the Executive Director. Currently, staff positions include:
- Executive Director
- Education & Finance Manager
- PA Forward Project Manager
- Administrative Assistant
Contact a PaLA Staff Member.
These documents will be helpful to the current leadership of the organization.
Page updated January 6, 2016