Who are Personal Members?
Personal Members of PaLA are individuals who support libraries through membership in PaLA.
- PaLA is the only association in Pennsylvania that advocates for all types of libraries - public, academic, school and special - and provides a voice for Pennsylvania's librarians, support staff, trustees and friends
- Sponsorship of state legislative activities and participation in national efforts in cooperation with other state and national library organizations
- Stay informed about state and federal library issues with electronic issues of the PaLA Bulletin (4 issues a year)
- A partner in the fight against censorship
- Award programs honoring outstanding library service
- Support for library service to children and older adults
- Promotion of lifelong learning and literacy
- Promotion of Pennsylvania libraries through association activities and exhibits at state and national conferences
- Connect with a network of colleagues who will provide valuable assistance in professional development
- Access to the online membership directory of colleagues working in all types of libraries across Pennsylvania
- 24-hour jobline for employment listings
- Numerous networking opportunities to meet with peers and expand the circle of valuable library contacts through state, regional and local activities
- Access to our Members Only section of the web site
- Annual state conference, chapter meetings and other professional development and educational opportunites in cooperation with other library organizations and the Office of Commonwealth Libraries
- The PaLA Bulletin, which provides librarians with opportunities to be published
- Input about speakers and topics through their local chapter, divisions and round tables
- Opportunities to develop leadership skills
Register online as a Personal Member
- Awards, scholarships and continuing education grants
- Education and information sharing for library support staff
- Earn ALA accredited MLS degree online through Drexel University and receive a 20% tuition discount
Want to know about the costs of Personal Membership?
Find out more!