Aaron W Dobbs, Scholarly Communications Librarian
Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania
1871 Old Main, Shippensburg, Pennsylvania 17257
Web Site Address, LinkedIn Profile, or link to other source of professional information:
Areas of Expertise:
Advocacy, Copyright, Future Planning, Information Policy, Leadership, Networking, Scholarly Communication, Social Media & Institutional Credibility, Strategic Planning, Succession Planning, Academic Tenure & Promotion Processes
Academic Libraries, Reference Services, Technical Services, Library Administrators & Management, Computer/Electronic Resources, Library Board Members, Library Instructors, Strategic Planning
Fees (if any):
mileage, lodging, inexpensive, flexible
Broadly interested in most topics, I've developed reasonable authority with the areas of expertise listed above.
Library directors at two academic libraries asked me to lead future planning, succession planning, or reorganization efforts.
Participation in American Library Association committees led to several opportunities to present sessions on information policy, scholarly communication, advocacy, and networking & personal marketing.
Faculty participation at Shippensburg has included new faculty orientation sessions on Copyright compliance and library resources; new student sessions on library resources, hacking professor expectations, and plagiarism; and a workshop on effective use of LibGuides for scholarly information organization and discoverability.
Flexible outside of ALA Midwinter and Annual dates.
South Central, Anywhere, really. I'm a driving fool.
* Dobbs, A. (1 February 2015). Invited Speaker: “Career Development Workshop: Networking Made Easy.” American Library Association Annual Conference, Chicago, Illinois.
* Dobbs, A., Sohn, G. & Wynn, V. (28 June 2014). Invited Panel Discussion: "Respondents Panel for Information Manipulation Part I: Net Neutrality." American Library Association Annual Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada.
* Dobbs, A. et al. (2 May 2014). Panel Discussion: "Telling the Story of What to Do With a Library Degree." 2014 Tennessee Library Association Annual Conference, Murfreesboro, Tennessee.
* Dobbs, A., et al. (7 June 2013). Panel Discussion: "Encomium of Ethos: The Dwelling Place of Mechanization." Computers and Writing 2013: Mechanization and Writing, Frostburg, Maryland.
* Dobbs, A., et al. (16 February 2013). Panel Discussion: "Credibility and the Network: Evaluating and Establishing Digital Ethos." Networked Humanities: From Within and Without the University, Lexington, Kentucky.
* Dobbs, A. (25 June 2011). Invited Presentation: "LibGuides & LibAnswers: They *can* take it with them." ALA Annual Conference 2011, New Orleans, Louisiana.
* Dobbs, A. Moll, K. & Cook, D. (15 April 2011). "LibGuides Workshop: ACLCP Reference and Instruction Interest Group." Shippensburg, Pennsylvania. (full-day workshop)
* Dobbs, A. & Creech, A. (12 August 2009). Invited Presentation: "360 Counter: Dealing with Non-compliant Data." Serials Solutions 360 Counter Town Hall, Internet Webinar.
* Dobbs, A. (10 March 2009). Invited Presentation: "360 Resource Manager: How Libraries Use; Improvements Libraries Want." SerialsSolutions Software Developers and Product Managers 2009, Seattle, Washington.
Aaron W Dobbs
Scholarly Communications Librarian