Please see the below from our PA Forward partners at NNLM/MAR:
We are pleased to announce an amazing kit that is available free to libraries to assist with summer library programming.
The National Network of Libraries of Medicine, Middle Atlantic Region, is here to help with your summer health programming! As partners of the Collaborative Summer Library Program’s A Universe of Stories, we are excited to offer a program-in-a-box that explores DNA and space! This kit is available only to NNLM members in New York, New Jersey, Delaware, and Pennsylvania. Programs in this kit are designed for kids and teens, but can be adapted to any audience.
The Exploring Genetics with Kids and Teens Kit includes:
- 3 Storytime Books: The Baby Biochemist: DNA, Mousetronaut, and Goodnight Lab: A Scientific Parody
- 1 copy of Promoting Individual and Community Health at the Library
- Lesson plans for modeling DNA with candy and making DNA sequence bracelets.
- Program supplies: pipe cleaners, tooth picks, and beads
- Brochures to connect patrons to reliable sources of health information
- Information about the All of Us Research Program
Each NNLM MAR member organization may order one kit. The deadline to order is April 30, 2019. Kits will be mailed by May 24, 2019.
This project is funded by the National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, under Cooperative Agreement Number UG4LM012342 with the University of Pittsburgh, Health Sciences Library System.