Our new web site went live, and now you’re being bombarded by emails letting you know "The profile of a member of one of your groups has been updated.” Want to know how to stop it?
Once you’re logged in and connecting with members, are you concerned about the privacy of your information, such as who you connect with, your email address or telephone number? We’ve got some tips!
First of all, Sign In.
- Your username is new, and came in an email (it begins with the word ‘member’ and ends with a number) with a new password.
- If you lost that email, or didn’t get it, try clicking "Forgot your password?” It will email you a link to reset your username and password.
Once you are signed in, you should find a link called Manage Profile on the right side under My Profile. Click on Manage Profile to make all kinds of changes to your account! Here are a few favorites:
Go to Information & Settings > Edit Bio to update your information and choose privacy settings for individual fields (like phone number or personal address information).
- Personalize your Username
- Create a personalized URL for our site
- Change your Password (TIP: must be 8 characters in length, contain at least one number and one non-numeric character)
- Make "Members Only” information private (not visible) to anyone viewing your profile.
Go to Information & Settings > Preferences to minimize the number of emails you get from the site.
- Customize your member profile options using the checkbox form.
- Opt out of certain emails.
- Opt out of sharing certain features.
- Don’t forget to Save your Settings!
Keep an eye out for tips on the Content & Features and Community areas of Manage Profile as we add more features!