Personal Membership Dues
Individual membership dues are determined by membership type.
- Personal Regular: Dues are calculated according to Annual Gross Salary at $3 for each $1,000 of salary, with a minimum of $30 and a maximum of $185. For example, an individual who earns $30,000 annually will make a dues investment of $90 ($30 x $3). This membership category is for library staff, including professional, paraprofessional and technology-related positions. Your membership amount will be calculated from your gross salary amount on the checkout form.
- Personal Student Member: Dues are $30. This membership category is for full-time students taking a minimum of 12 credits per semester; Students joining with PaLA/ALA Joint Membership should not use this form, rather visit the ALA web site.
- Personal Trustee Member: Dues are $30. Trustee Membership is available to trustees currently serving on a library board.
- Personal Lay Member: Dues are $30. Lay Memberships are open to anyone who is interested and supportive of Pennsylvania Libraries including friends of libraries groups, or others not employed in a library related position.
- Personal Retired Member: Dues are $30. This membership category is for retired persons who are interested and supportive of Pennsylvania Libraries.
- Continuing Retired Member: No charge for membership. This membership category is for retired persons who held PaLA membership for a minimum of 25 continuous years at the time of retirement. You must contact the office to become a continuing retired member.
Register online as a Personal Member now!
PaLA membership dues and donations may be tax deductible as we are a registered 501(c)(3) organization. Please consult your tax advisor.