PA Forward has a series of trainings available to help all library types apply the five literacies to their programs and resources. Training is available in-person or virtually. There is a 15-member Training Team, representing all areas of the state, available to conduct sessions in your local areas for you.
The following is a list of current trainings offered:
- Introduction to PA Forward: an overview of the full initiative, including a history of the program and the current work.
- PA Forward Toolkit: an in-depth the discussion of the elements is included as well as tips for practical applications of the available materials in your local libraries. Includes the Literacies in Action Guide.
- The 5 Literacies at Work: explores how libraries can bring the five literacies to life through programs, information resources and partnerships.
- Building Partnerships: engages participants in exercises on how to best initiate contact, develop the plan and keep the partnership going.
- The Elevator Speech: develop your own brief marketing pitch to communicate your library's value.
- Star Library: discover how your library can become a PA Forward Gold Star Library and how to build that recognition in the community.
- Youth Services: demonstrates how libraries can fit current youth services programs into the PA Forward format and grow!
Trainings can run as individual segments or be packaged to best meet the needs of your library. Training and content is available for district, regional and chapter workshops or as requested for your libraries. We do try to work with as many libraries as possible when traveling and want to provide a rich training experience for participants.
To schedule a training, please complete the training request form and email to email@example.com to get on the schedule. You can also call the PA Library Association and speak with the PA Forward Program Manager at 717-766-7663.